February 13, 2013

Love 24/7/365 (366 during leap year)


Happy Valentine’s Day!

We all know that the month of February is the month for love. However, that is a worldly mindset. We are not called to share our love just for one month out of the year; it isn’t even a full month only 28 days (29 during leap year). We are to love our self & others year around, 365 days (366 during leap year)

Love doesn’t come easy, why I’m not sure. There are days I find it much easier to love myself and to love others. I have been in an intense bible study for about a month now that is making me look deeply at myself and my relationship with God. There is one thing I keep hearing “You are created in My image”

So God created mankind in his own image, in the image of God he created them; male and female he created them.
Genesis 1:27

I have always known and believed that I’m created in His image. What God has taught me from this one verse is that when I say I’m ugly, not smart enough, or not capable in the same breath I’m saying the same thing about God. When I tell myself these lies I’m telling lies about God. When I tell myself lies I show how much I don’t love myself or others. How can I expect people to love me if I don’t love me; and how can I love others if I don’t love myself.

Love is something we are called to do 24/7/365 (366 during leap year)

God tells me what love looks like,

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.  It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.  Love never fails.
1 Corinthians 13:4-8.

To be able to show this love to others I must first show it to our self.

Do you love yourself? Imagine how much better you could love others if you first love yourself the way God calls us to do 24/7/365 (366 during leap year)

1 comment:

  1. Wow Jama. I didn't know you had a blog. I have one too. When did you start blogging? Thanks so much for calling me today. I really like you too. I'm doing ok no more chest pain. Turns out it was my MS causing a really bad spasm in my back and chest. Jim rubbed my back last night and found a big knot in my back in the same spot my pain was in the chest. It did scare me though. Julie was so kind to take me to the hospital.Im following you now. Check out my blog at http://sarahbethscross-stitchblog.blogspot.com/








    ReplyDelete