February 5, 2013

God Bombs


          Have you ever been doing something and all of a sudden out of nowhere you hear someone tell you to do something? Something that might be out of character for you, something you wouldn’t think of doing or even plan to do, if your best friend challenged you would not to do it. This is different; it overwhelms you to the point you have to stop what you are doing. I call it a God bomb.

          The way I see it I have two choices when this happens – 1.) I can hear God calling & directing me to move and then get up & do what He says to do. or 2.) I can sit back & listen & do nothing at all. To be honest, I only have one choice. I must listen & do what God is calling me to do, even when it takes me out of my comfort zone. God doesn’t care about my comfort zone; my comfort zone is to be His comfort zone. I’m supposed to be following His instructions and call for my life even when it doesn’t make sense or takes me out of my comfort zone. I’m moving forward with this call I’m hearing and I’m going to work hard at not giving excuses or arguing with God about it. In time I will reveal what this call is and all the blessings He is pouring out on me by being obedient.

          What is God asking you to do? What are your excuses or arguments for not following His call on your time & life? I encourage you to move on the call God has for you and by doing so you will be very blessed.

Do not mearly listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says. Anyone who listens to the word but does not do what it says is like someone who looks at his face in a mirror and, after looking at himself, goes away and immediately forgets what he looks like.
James 1:22-24

 

No comments:

Post a Comment